Archive for Training and Education
Update, 12/3: Registration information is now available. Click here.
Update:, 11/25: CAP 1 course is not mandatory for Starlings coaches. No prerequisites are needed before the in-gym session on Sun., Jan. 9. There will be some required webinar sessions following Jan. 9 in order to be certified as a CAP 1 coach. In early 2011, a shorter, 4-hour IMPACT course will be offered to Starlings coaches via a webinar.
Update, 11/24: Given the shortness of the time, we will not have any webinar sessions prior to the in-gym Cap 1 clinic on Jan. 9, Sunday. Registration information and deadlines is forthcoming, and the fee of $100 is due in advance.
Here is the Cap I information.
Below are the eight Webinar sessions that will be mandatory although ONLY ONE (session No. 3) MUST BE COMPLETED prior to the San Diego in-gym course on Jan. 9 in San Diego.
Two of the 8 below will be covered in person (not webinar) on late Saturday afternoon, Jan. 8, at the convention. If you as a coach can attend those, it is ideal.
If not, we will make arrangements to complete those two in another manner.
We will be announcing soon two Webinar Session 3 dates soon. Also, registration information. All will be posted on the Starlings website as well.
Cost is $100 per person ($50 materials/shipping/registration and $10 per each of the 5 remaining Webinar topics needed to finish). This is about a $150 savings.
1. (75 min) REQUIRED SESSION [PRE-Requisite to In-the-Gym day]
MOTOR SKILL LEARNING THEORY
2. (75 min) REQUIRED SESSION [PRE-Requisite to In-the-Gym day]
3. (75 min) REQUIRED SESSION [PRE-Requisite to In-the-Gym day]
ETHICS and LEGAL DUTIES
4. (75 Min) REQUIRED SESSION [Pre or Post Gym day]
DRILL DESIGN: THEORY and IMPLEMENTATION
5. (75 Min) REQUIRED SESSION [Pre or Post Gym day]
PRACTICE PREPARATION and EXECUTION
6. (75 Min) REQUIRED SESSION [Pre or Post Gym day]
INTRO TO SERVE REC. SYS. ORGANIZATION
7. (75 Min) REQUIRED SESSION [Pre or Post Gym day]
INTRO TO OFFENSE SYS. ORGANIZATION
8. (75 Min) REQUIRED SESSION [Pre or Post Gym day]
INTRO TO DEFENSE SYS. ORGANIZATION